Alright. You might as well know: I’m not exactly Miss Congeniality when it comes to large crowds or unfamiliar faces. On Friday nights, you won’t often find me in a noisy bar, shoulder-to-shoulder with the rest of civilization. Nope. My idea of kick-starting the weekend involves pajamas, Netflix, and a frosty drink. Nothing fancy. But I sure do value that “me” time after running around all week.
If you’re anything like moi and relish an evening in occasionally, why not throw a slumber party with some close friends and blend up this healthier twist on a classic sangria?! I made a pitcher tonight and was pleasantly surprised at how indulgent it tasted for a low-calorie cocktail. Thus, the beginning of a new weekend tradition was born.
So, without further ado…TGIF, ladies!
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups green tea
- 3 cups Pinot Grigio
- mint leaves (for garnish)
- Chop the cucumber into bite-size pieces, setting aside 6 larger slices to use for garnish later.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the wine, into a blender and pulse into the mixture is smooth.
- Pour this mixture through a strainer until the cucumber residue has been removed from the liquid.
- Add the wine and stir thoroughly, then toss in the desired amount of mint leaves and cucumber slices.
- Serve chilled with a few ice cubes, or place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before pouring into wine glasses.
(My sister was an instant fan, and her elevated taste buds aren’t always the easiest to please…just sayin’!)