Even sworn carnivores won’t be asking “Where’s the beef?!” with this zesty twist on a classic Asian stir-fry. It’s loaded with protein (from the Edamame and Greek Yogurt), whole grains (from the Brown Rice), fiber (from the Sugar Snap Peas), and Vitamin D (from the Mushrooms). So, serve up a heaping helping of vegetarian deliciousness on this – or any – Meatless Monday. Going “green” never tasted so good!
Kickin’ Horseradish Stir-Fry (yields approx. 4 servings)
- 1 tbsp. Horseradish
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt (non-fat)
- 1/2 cup Edamame Beans (shelled)
- 1/2 cup Shitake Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce (low-sodium)
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice (cooked)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, boil the rice, according to the cooking instructions on the packaging.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, soy sauce, horseradish, and rice wine vinegar.
- When the rice has finished cooking, add the peas, edamame, and mushrooms then stir thoroughly.
- Stir the sauce into this mixture, then sautee the rice on low heat until the vegetables have softened.