image courtesy of onlysmallthings.com
On principle, I religiously avoid using the expression “Y’all” (because, make no mistake: Florida may, geographically, be considered the South, but Floridians are NOT Southern!).
However, today, I’m temporarily suspending my “Y’all” boycott for 3 reasons:
- Fall has officially fallen.
- “Y’all” rhymes with “fall.”
- I just really love fall.
In fact, I’ll probably be wishing people an exuberant “Happy fall, Y’all!” all day ’cause the calendar says we’ve finally arrived! Summer sweat is a thing of the past. Crisp air, crunchy leaves, cinnamon-scented candles, and pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING have taken its place.
And, in the spirit of welcoming this stupendous season, I’ve compiled a countdown of my Top 10 favorite autumn-isms. (Although, I could seriously go on for 10 pages!).
Got any of your own favorites, worth adding to the list…Y’all?!
10. UGG boots, infinity scarves, leggings, and over-sized sweaters become every girl’s signature wardrobe.
9. It’s acceptable to spend every spare minute crafting and baking (just keep it pumpkin though, capiche?).
8. Food Network is unanimously considered the TV channel of choice from right about now until January 1.
7. Yankee Candle Company breaks out with all their cinnamon spice, apple cider, and snickerdoodle scents.
6. The foliage changes from boring ‘ol green to vibrant red, fiery orange, buttery yellow, and rustic brown.
5. It won’t be long before the holidays are upon us (in fact, I call mid-October the start of Holiday Season).
4. There’s an invigorating chill outside that clears the senses, puts a pep in the step, and refreshes the soul.
3. Starbucks serves up seasonal favorites (PSL, anyone? Yep, went there!) and invites us to #SpreadTheCheer.
2. Black Friday becomes a festivity in itself, and the stores play “All I Want For Christmas Is You” on loop.
1. Everyone – and I do mean EVERYONE – hops on the pumpkin bandwagon, from desserts to coffee creamers.
(And, to that point: I may or may not be eating pumpkin oatmeal as we speak…)