And I’m a coffee addict.
But, like an unapologetic coffee addict. As in…I. Will. Not. Stop.
No lemon water-peddling holistic health coach is gonna shame me into quitting this black gold elixir of life. It’s my only incentive for not hitting “snooze” each morning. Thanks, coffee. Just for being you.
Eternal devotion aside though, I am cutting down on sugar and dairy, which kinda rules out my weakness for International Delight. Not gonna lie…this was a painful switcheroo. Tears were quite possibly shed. Until a certain superfood hitched a ride in my grocery cart and was all, “I’m about to rock your world, Coffee Addict!”
Yup. Enter: coconut oil.
I’ve heard people in the wellness community rave about that so-called “miracle worker with 100-plus uses,” but its price tag always discouraged me from believing the hype. Then, I started noticing Instagram posts touting the benefits of this stuff in coffee. Well, I’ll try anything with the magic word involved.
So…$8.50 later, yours truly became a coconut oil convert.
And didn’t waste a second testing out that coffee claim. Most tutorials I found unanimously agree—the secret is blending. Don’t just dump a glob in your mug, stir it around, then congratulate yourself on mission accomplished. Or, so the Blogosphere said. And I took note.
Out came the Nutri Bullet. In went the coffee-coconut oil combo. And my taste buds did their happy dance. You were right, Blogosphere…that blended latte-esque texture is pure bliss. Now this right here is the black gold elixir of life. Never. Going. Back.
But if you still need more convincing that coconut oil = the savior of coffee addicts everywhere, check out its nutritional breakdown:
- plant-based Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) fatty acids for natural weight loss
- ketones for improved brain function, boosted metabolism & reduced appetite
- lauric acid for protection against viruses & bacteria
- no sugar, trans fat, sodium, cholesterol or carbohydrates
- USDA certified organic & non-GMO verified ingredients
‘Nuff said. So, without further ado…taste test, anyone?
Café au Lait
(move over, milk!)
Café au COCONUT OIL:
1 tbsp. Almond Milk (organic & unsweetened)
1/2 tbsp. Coconut Oil (organic)
2–3 scoops Coffee (or 1 K-Cup)
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract (organic)
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon (ground)
1–2 packets Stevia (organic)*
*This ingredient is totally optional—I just prefer my coffee on the non-bitter side, and Stevia gets the job done!
- Brew your desired amount of coffee, then pour into a blender.
- Add the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and stevia (as needed).
- Blend these ingredients on “high” for 5–10 seconds, or until combined.
- Transfer to your favorite mug (like mine from Dean & Deluca—clearly, I’m a sucker for New York nostalgia).
- Savor all that creamy, frothy, can’t-stop-won’t-stop amazingness.