Remember snow cones? That brain-freezing sugar rush the kid version of you craved? Uh huh. Nostalgia at its yummiest. Buuuut not exactly known for its track-record in the health department.
Until now. Because when you replace that refined sugar and artificial syrup with naturally sweetened fruit, you get tons of flavor—but zero guilt. Which brings me to this newest concoction a la yours truly…
Blend up a batch (or you know, ten) for those Labor Day shenanigans as either a pre-gamer or dessert. You could even add some vodka to go the more adultish route—of course, the health factor might be called into question at this point.
But I digress. If you’re gonna make ’em this weekend (which you definitely should), lemme show you how it’s done.
So, Here’s What You Need:
• 1/2 cup Watermelon (diced)
• 2 cups Ice (crushed or cubed)
Now, Time to Make It:
1. Place the ice cubes in a blender, then add the watermelon on top.
2. Pulse the blender until both ingredients form a slushy texture.
3. Transfer into festive glasses and slurp to your taste buds’ content.
P.S. going back for seconds = totally acceptable.
Yup. These bad boys deserve an invite to your Labor Day cookout. Because summertime has spoken, and every season needs one last “hurrah.” So move aside, Pumpkin Spice Latte…
your time is coming!