Yeah, sure…Thanksgiving was a week ago. But that’s no reason to take the seasonal eats out of rotation. Not yet, anyway.
And definitely not before you’ve tried my Cranberry, Orange & Pecan Chutney. This recipe is vegan, refined sugar-free and contains natural ingredients. With a tart and tangy flavor, full-bodied texture and festive color combo, this crowd-pleasing side dish will make your holiday celebrations both merry and bright.
Plus, cranberries are extremely nutrient-dense (we’re talking antioxidants, fiber and Vitamin C!). So…there’s that.
12-oz. Cranberries (fresh)
1 c. Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
1/2 c. Raw Pecans (chopped)
2 tbsp. Orange Zest
1/2 tbsp. Liquid Stevia
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Pre-heat a large stockpot on a high stovetop setting, pour in the Cranberries and Orange Juice, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow this mixture to simmer until the Cranberry skins start popping.
- Add the Liquid Stevia, then gently stir the mixture with a wooden spoon, while it continues to simmer.
- Remove the mixture from heat until it cools to room temperature.
- Strain the Cranberries in a colander and reserve the Orange Juice.
- Pulverize the Cranberries to a chunky consistency with a potato masher, then stir in the Orange Zest and Black Pepper.
- Pour the reserved Orange Juice into this mixture, stir to combine, and refrigerate until cold.
- Sprinkle the chopped Pecans on top right before serving to add a little extra crunch.
Cue. All. The. Drools.