Football season is underway, so when your team takes the field, you’ll need a spread of crave-able munchies for all those hungry fans shouting at your TV screen.
But don’t just settle for store-bought potato chips or delivery pizza. Score a touchdown in the “yum” department with scratch-made inspiration, courtesy of Chobani Greek Yogurt.
Your next weekend tailgate will be the envy of your block, thanks to these bite-size pretzels and tart, creamy dip. The recipe packs a crowd pleasing flavor punch from its secret ingredient — Greek yogurt.
With naturally crafted smoothness, wholesome protein benefits and full-bodied taste, Chobani clinches the win for this irresistible game changer. And did I mention it’s healthy? Yup…so, you won’t even need to resist!
Ingredients (for the pretzels):
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour*
3/4 cup Water (filtered, if possible)
2 tbsp. Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
1 1/4 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp. Liquid Stevia
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
*Make this recipe gluten-free by substituting any of these alternatives.
Ingredients (for the dip):
1 cup Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
3 tbsp. Avocado (mashed)
1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp. RawSpiceBar Kaffir Lime Blend
1/4 tsp. Chipotle Paste (or, to taste)
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and coat a baking sheet with non-stick Cooking Spray.
- Pour the Water and Yeast into a mixing bowl, then allow the yeast to soak for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Greek Yogurt, Salt and Stevia to the water mixture, then stir to combine.
- Stir in the Flour (or gluten-free substitute) until the ingredients form a Dough consistency.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface to prevent sticking and knead it into a ball.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal sections and roll each section into a long, skinny rope.
- Form the ropes into a Pretzel shape, then transfer them onto the baking sheet — 1/2″ apart from each other.
- Cook the pretzels for 10 minutes, then place them under the broiler for 1 minute, or until golden-brown.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven and brush a thin layer of Olive Oil over them, if desired.
- Combine all the Dip ingredients in a blender or food processor, then puree until smooth.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl — and commence dunking those pretzels to your heart’s content!
Note: This recipe yields 4 pretzels, so for large gatherings, adjust the ingredient amounts accordingly.