I look forward to October every year for one simple reason: it’s Pumpkin Everything Season! And despite living in Southwest Florida where the temperature rarely drops below 60 degrees, once autumn shows up on the calendar, I morph into that girl.
Yep, I’m basic apparently. So sue me. Fall is a glorious time. And pumpkins are a direct result of that gloriousness.
These seasonal superfoods are rich in Vitamin A to promote vision health, Fiber to increase digestive regularity, Antioxidants to support immune function, Potassium to stimulate post-workout energy and Carotenoids to reduce skin aging effects.
Plus, they get all the Instagram likes, so…
But I digress. If you wanna experience those nutritional benefits for yourself, not just during autumn but year-round too (Why isn’t the PSL Summer Edition a thing? Looking at you, Starbucks!), might I suggest these no-bake Pumpkin Quinoa Protein Balls.
They’re perfect for a healthy plant-based breakfast or afternoon snack. And, all basicness aside, they taste like fall is supposed to taste. *insert brown leaf emoji*
I rest my case.
yields 2 dozen protein balls
1 can Pumpkin Purée (organic)
1 tbsp. Sunflower Butter (organic)
1/3 c. Rolled Oats (whole grain)
1/4 c. Quinoa (organic)
1 Apple (peeled & diced)
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Ginger
- Cook the quinoa according to its package instructions, then set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin purée, rolled oats, sunflower butter, cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin spice in a mixing bowl.
- Slice the apple into small chunks, then stir into the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pumpkin mixture, then stir these ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter into bite-sized balls and place in the freezer for 1 hour before serving.
So. Much. Yes.