I first discovered Peanut Butter & Co back in college when surviving on PB&J sammies was an occupational hazard of dorm life. The creamy texture, finger licking flavors and all-natural ingredients powered me through everything from finals cram sessions (thanks for the 4.0, PB & Co!) to weekend Netflix binges (damn, I miss college sometimes!).
So, when I recently discovered PB & Co’s Mighty Nut protein powder, I just couldn’t resist. Not only does this product deliver all the smooth, silky lusciousness of traditional peanut butter, the finely ground consistency lends itself to baking, blending, sprinkling and more!
From smoothies to oatmeal, Mighty Nut is a convenient — and indulgent — way to meet your daily protein quota.
Here’s what you’ll find in each (2 tbsp.) serving:
- 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter
- vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO certified
- 5-6 grams of protein
- 1-2 grams of fiber
- only 1-2 grams of sugar
- only 1-1.5 grams of fat
Plus, it’s available in 4 delightful varieties:
- Flax & Chia
I’ve specifically been playing around with the Flax & Chia flavor, so behold my latest creation — Vegan Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Muffins. Because, any excuse for fall yummies, right?!
1 cup Unsweetened Pumpkin Purée
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour*
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
1/4 cup Mighty Nut Peanut Butter Powder
1 tbsp. All-Natural Almond Butter
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Organic Stevia (to-taste)
*Make this recipe gluten-free by substituting any of these alternatives.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or use baking liners.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until the batter is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into each individual muffin cup (you should have enough batter to fill about 6 cups).
- Bake the muffins for approximately 20 minutes, or until they are completely cooked through (test with a toothpick to make sure).
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly for approximately 5 minutes, then give into the temptation — it’s guiltless, I swear!
Wanna score your own jar of Mighty Nut amazingness? Just enter my Giveaway through the following channels:
- Follow @GoMightyNut via Twitter.
- Follow @HealthBeAHippie via Twitter.
- Follow @GoMightyNut via Instagram.
- Follow @its_the_healthy_hippie via Instagram.
- Pin a picture from MightyNut.com.
- Tweet about the Giveaway (e.g. I would LOVE to win @GoMightyNut from @HealthBeAHippie & @fitapproach! #EatMighty #sweatpink).
Open to U.S. residents only. Deadline to enter is October 25, midnight EST. One prize per person. If you have already won a Mighty Nut giveaway from another blog, please disclose this, so I can choose another winner.