Apple Cider Vinegar — or ACV, as it shall henceforth be known — is both multi-functional and a proven crowd pleaser among natural health enthusiasts.
I applaud this popularity and versatility for the simple fact that ACV delivers the goods, from alternative remedies to organic beauty treatments. If it’s not already a staple in your pantry…
Well, it should be.
- Vitamin B — for elevated energy levels and cognitive function
- Vitamin C — for increased immunity and cardiovascular support
- Phosphorus — for optimal nerve impulses and kidney excretion
- Potassium — for regulated blood pressure and metabolic boost
- Magnesium — for reduced inflammation and steady heart rhythm
- Calcium — for strong bone density and lean muscle development
- Iron — for oxygenated red blood cells and decreased fatigue
- Pectin — for healthy cholesterol levels and digestive regularity
- Citric Acid — for disease-fighting antioxidants and kidney stone relief
- Folic Acid — for stable cell production and DNA mutation resistance
- Acetic Acid — for counteraction of glucose and insulin sensitivity
Impressive ingredient line-up, huh? But, now for the REAL reason I stock up on ACV — it works wonders for my self-image.
This holistic beauty elixir enhances the appearance of hair, skin, teeth and nails sans the price tag of those fancy-schmancy cosmetic brands (Example: 16 oz. Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar = $2.95).
Here’s just a sampling of my personal favorite ACV uses…
1. For a Frizz-Free Mane:
Dilute 1/3 cup ACV with 4 cups Water then rinse your hair with this solution after shampooing in order to restore natural smoothness and shine, as well as maintain the scalp’s targeted pH balance.
2. For an Even-Toned Complexion:
Combine 2 tbsp. ACV with equal parts Water then rub this solution on your skin using a cotton ball in order to reduce discoloration, improve elasticity and fight break-outs (remember to refrigerate beforehand).
3. For Dazzling Pearly Whites:
Dilute 2 tbsp. ACV with 1/4 cup Water then swish this solution around your mouth for 1 minute before brushing your teeth in order to kill bacteria and diminish stains, as well as eliminate bad breath.
4. For Salon-Worthy Nails:
Dilute 1 cup ACV with 3 cups Water then pour this solution into a large bowl and soak your hands and/or feet for several minutes over a 2-3 month period in order to provide anti-fungal healing benefits.
Up the ante on this everyday household item — pamper yourself with an inexpensive yet oh-so-invigorating DIY spa day! And, hey…got any more Apple Cider Vinegar hacks to share? Well, by all means, let’s hear ’em! Sound off in the comments section, por favor.