In this week’s installment of “Who-Cares-If-I-Live-In-Florida-It’s-Fall-So-I’m-Gonna-Eat-Fall-Food-Dammit,” enjoy my seasonal take on a vegetable stir-fry. This rustic recipe might look simple and understated, but it’s bursting with savory warmth, aromatic spice and pick-me-up heartiness. Plus, that quinoa hiding underneath gives the dish a nutty nuance, which just screams “Happy Almost Holidays!”
1/2 cup Quinoa (rinsed)
1 Sweet Potato (peeled & cubed)
1 cup Chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
1 cup Brussels Sprouts (fresh)
2 tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt (or, to-taste)
- Pre-heat a saucepan on a high stovetop setting, add the Quinoa and 1 cup Water, then stir to combine.
- Once the water reaches a rolling boil, reduce the heat to low, then add 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and 1 clove Garlic.
- Stir to combine again, cover the saucepan and allow the Quinoa to simmer until the Water is absorbed — about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat a large skillet on a medium stovetop setting, coat the bottom with nonstick cooking spray, then toss in the Vegetables.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 clove Garlic, Paprika and Lemon Juice to the Vegetable medley, then stir periodically until the Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts soften.
- Combine the Quinoa and Vegetables in the skillet, sprinkle Salt and more Paprika, — if desired — then dig in!